Where's my Iridiscent Moog Sticker?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Just Me

Re: Where's my Iridiscent Moog Sticker?

Post by Just Me » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:39 am

I got mine when I registered my Foogers. Were black and white, though. Not iridescent.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:43 am

I didn't even know we were entitled to one.

I bought my Voyager about five years ago and I presume I registered it at the time (I've done a lot of other things in five years). If Moog is looking at this topic, though, I'd like my sticker, just as everyone else would like theirs.
Websites: http://musicbysweep.com and http://theSynthiMusicSite.infinite9ths.com

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:44 am

I don't think registering a producted entitled anyone to a sticker. More like a, while supplies last deal. I got a sticker but not an iridescent one, just black and white.

Niko

Post by Niko » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:33 am

same with me. And it is a kind of relief to realize that I'm not the only one who did not get the sticker(s). In the meantime I've registered 5 products since January this year. But the hope is dying at last.
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

Where is the tutti button on this instrument? ...

52weeks

Post by 52weeks » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:27 am

Oh cool! I don't feel left out, then
(really wanted that sticker for my ribbon controller ;) )

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:50 am

I got a sticker when I registered my first Moog product, and I got a handfull of non iridescant stickers and sales literature when I visited the factory. And believe me, all of those "Hey, get a free sticker" things on the registration page...I surely filled those out.

I also got a cool sticker from the BMF in the mail too.

I have never seen the non iridescant sticker anywhere before, but it is different from the one stuck on the Voyager. I have mine displayed proudly on my rack

The Would-be Modusonics MOdular synth with a lonely 921a with no power supply lol. The Eunich module of the month.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Niko

Post by Niko » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:13 am

Hi EricK,

I'm thinking to built a rack which should include 3 foogers (2 ring mods, 1 midi MuRF). I've seen on your picture that you also had 3 foogers implemented. Can you recommend a certain rack and a possibility to mount 3 foogers into it? And whats about the power supply for 3 foogers. Is there a common supply available which replaces the 3 individual plugs?
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:57 pm

I got my sticker... but where the hell's my synth?! :shock:

:mrgreen:

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Niko,
Do you live in the USA?

Of corse the MoogerFooger rack shelves will hold the three foogers in place, though the downside is that you have to pick one to remove the cheek pieces from, which not only looks ugly but requires that you have a gap where dust can get to the electronics and that you must have cheek pieces floating around or in a box. A solution for this would be for Moog to simply make a piece of wood that would fit in both the foogers, but then you are carrying around more cheek pieces. This would lead right up to a Cheek piece trade in system where people could get all their matching cheek pieces and al this would be solved but thats another threads worth of discussion there. FOr the cp units they have a rack shelf, and there is a piece of wood available that will bridge together the two units.

The rack cabinet that Im using is an OSP Mixer rack cabinet. OSP is made here in Arkansas, and really, I don't think that it is as road quality as it may look. Its 3/8th plywood, but the handles are just in the wood, no reinforcement there. It cost me a little under 400 from the music store. You can find them online. For the storage, its not bad, but I feel like if I had it filled with gear and tried to use the handles, I would rip the handles right out of the plywood.

The advantage to this rack is that you can mount your foogers on the top of the front, allowing for plenty of room for angled or straight cables. Most people complain that the way the foogers are built, you need way more than 6 spaces of rack space to house the foogers, and that a front patching solution would be better. I agree, but this rack, as you can see allows me to get around that. I can still patch the foogers and the mixer behind it doesn't make that difficult. There is a door in the back where you can access everything.

The only disadvantage is that since that picture was taken, I have aquired two more foogers. I won't be buying the Midi Murf anytime soon. So my initial plan was to have dualing rack cabinets, on each side of the Voyager with 3 foogers on each side and 4 cp sized panels. THe rest was to be a modusonics modular but they are out of business right now. I will likely fill the rest of the racks up with modules from another company over the next 5 years. The only downside is getting on ones hands and knees to patch modules together and also, the potential for having long cables to connect voltage sources and destinations together will require a rethinking of my cabinetry as long cables can negatively affect the signal.

I went to walmart, bought some good outdoor power strips, and a 30 foot outdoor extension cord for each, so that I can stretch the power cords onto another line of the house or to a different room, but Latigon told me that this can introduce noise. I obviously don't know anything about electronics. Im sure by the time I have more modules I will come up with a proper power conditioner.

Another downside to this type of rack is that it becomes front heavy. The Foogers don't take up hardly ANY depth behind the front so one has to be careful when moving it. I have stuff stored in the back and the mixer helps to balance it out a little better but it rarely gets moved.

Its not a bad setup, it probably looks better than it is functionally, but this is what ive done. It is a work in progress. I wanted to have those modusonics Moog modules in there (about 17 modules) for an all Moog system but over the next several years I imagine that Ill have to come up with other options.

Im considering selling my 921a unfortunately, but as soon as I do, Mike will pop up out of the blue and start his business again lolololo.

Eric

Niko

Post by Niko » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:04 am

Hi Eric,

thank you for your comprehensive reply about your rack. Now I realized that your 3 Foogers only have 4 wooden cheeks instead of 6. Do you know whether the rackmount kit described with the "all in one" solution on the Moog page, Moogerfooger section, may accept the foogers as they are?
And I need to think about the power supply more deeply. Considering 300mA for a MidiMurf we may need 1 Ampere to run 3 Foogers. And 3 9V DC outputs as well. I agree that a lot of power cords, particular its length sum may create additional noise. And it is an effective dust collector and a possible foot and hand trap.

And no, I'm from Germany which is an adjacent country to the USA, just some water in between. It took me almost the same time from Munich to Hamburg or Berlin (by car) as I need from Frankfurt to New York for example.

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:22 am

The Fooger Rack SHelves, you have to take off the check pieces off of one of the foogers. You could probably remove just one piece from the outer foogers or both of the pieces off of the inner fooger. Since my ringmod was the oldest and least expensive, it lost its pieces.

The CP rack shelves, you have to remove all of the cheeks and replace the center with a piece of wood that goes inside both units and bridges the gap between the two.

Its really a shame because all that wood looks nice and removing it sucks. But its a small price to pay for having them racked...not everyone wants them racked.

And my power strips lie in the bottom of the cabinet, I have to squat down to turn them on. The extension cords protrude through a hole in the back of the cabinet for cords, which I then run along the walls to different outlets. I have 6 Foogers, a mixer, 4 synthesizers, sometimes an amp and the computer all vying for outlet space. Its going to be even worse when I get studio monitors and another keyboard in here.

You could probably get around the rack need by just cutting a piece of wood long enough to set the foogers on, and then put that on a tier of a 2-tier stand, but portabillity would suck.

Unless Moog wants to give us the blueprints for that nice Fooger Cabinet they take to Namm shows!!!!!!!???????!!!!!

Niko

Post by Niko » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:00 am

Just an update on the original topic about the sticker. I really would need a sticker in order to replace the one on my Mini Moog D which was warn out by the years (due to a bad factory positioning).
Please, dear iridiscent Moog Sticker supplier, be generous to bring the Mini Moog in a better appearance...
iridiscent sticker D.jpeg

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:01 pm

I never received any of my stickers either
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Wow, can't believe someone replied to a thread which is well over 6 years old! :)

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:14 pm

Boeing 737-400 wrote:Wow, can't believe someone replied to a thread which is well over 6 years old! :)
It's probably because they still don't have their stickers.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff