wait and listen.....NAMM

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
goldphinga

wait and listen.....NAMM

Post by goldphinga » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:29 pm

just logged onto moog home page ..

wait and listen logo came up with new at namm wording,

then i see there is new at namm section under the moogerfooger tab menu

SO!

Sounds to me like an oscillator moogerfooger/guitarsynth from the track thats looping

what dya reckon????

Very exciting!!
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:25 pm

does this just loop infinitely?

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:57 pm

Sweet.

This is the most exciting NAMM for me in a while. The Rhodes mk 7 is revealed, too!

http://www.rhodespiano.com/

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:58 pm

Well, if I can have one for US$0.00, I'll take one!!

A Moog guitar synth. It sounds like you need a few spare hands, though.

rg

true..

Post by rg » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:25 pm

From the dynamics it does appear to be that... I want a polyphonic synth though :( theres a big void in my setup that needs a poly synth... gahhh.... we need a poly synth petition :P

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:19 pm

I want a polyphonic synth though theres a big void in my setup that needs a poly synth... gahhh.... we need a poly synth petition [/i]

How about a Voyager RME X16
http://www.myspace.com/sirdsssound
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Scott_Stone

theglyph

Post by theglyph » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:22 pm

OysterRock wrote:Sweet.

This is the most exciting NAMM for me in a while. The Rhodes mk 7 is revealed, too!

http://www.rhodespiano.com/
I wonder if the Rhodes will be an analog or a digital?

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:06 pm

theglyph wrote: I wonder if the Rhodes will be an analog or a digital?
Not sure. The specifications on the website are very ambiguous and the list repeats several things. It apparently features "Mark 7 technology" and "Modular format", whatever that means. :roll:

It would seem pretty ridiculous and foolish to release a digital Rhodes considering there are already tons of digital Rhodes emulations out there. If it is digital, I might throw up in my mouth just a little bit.

Let's pray its electromechanical...but USB? Pitch Bend? Uhhhhhh....I guess we'll have to see!

dr_floyd

Post by dr_floyd » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:41 pm

Not sure what the new Moog device is, but I love how this sounds - unpredictable, lots of motion. The example is probably multi-tracked, so maybe it's a mono pitch-tracker. I'm in for sure.

Re: the Mark 7 Rhodes - yes it says electro-mechanical, and as it makes no sense to compete with some of the sample libraries and Lounge Lizard emulations on the digital level, it can only be a true Rhodes.
Modular in that you can get a passive instrument like the original and upgrade to active (preamp and EQ I would guess), or MIDI (USB and LCD screen).

2007 is a bad year not to have extra money.

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:27 am

Where does it say electromechanical? I can't find it anywhere.
I must be assured or I won't be able to sleep tonight! :wink:

i apologize for hijacking this thread. Back on subject...

Sounds like an oscillator/p-to-cv/freakin-awsomeness device to me. Can't wait, I better start saving $$$ now.

Nick Montoya

Post by Nick Montoya » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:45 am

And to think... I get to be there @ the unveiling :)

Muahahahahahaha

I can't wait!!! (or sleep for that matter)
http://www.thevoltperoctaves.com

http://www.myspace.com/thevoltperoctaves

http://www.moogmusic.com/artists/?cat_id=28

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:25 am

I can assure you 100% that it is electromechanical. A totally authentic rhodes with tines and hammers!

Further to reinforce this,Rhodes are currently asking techs to get on board as factory authorised service techs. You dont need service techs for sample based boards.

Also. the modular bit refers to the fact that each part can be replaced individually like the tines, tone bars, hammers, keys etc etc.

Its an evolution of the mk V piano. Theres no way that rhodes would release a sample based instrument.

One of the most exiting product launches for years.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

museslave

Post by museslave » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:31 am

goldphinga wrote:I can assure you 100% that it is electromechanical. A totally authentic rhodes with tines and hammers!.
It'll be interesting to see the price. These days, anything that is actually made of wood and metal and whatever else INSTEAD of PCBs is treated like it is impossibly expensive to make. (you know, like analog... "Oh, my GOD... Analog devices are SO EXPENSIVE TO MAKE! They actually have PARTS that must be ASSEMBLED... often by a PERSON!!! Do you KNOW how much such an insane idea would COST? It's unheard of (well, except for 25 years ago, when everyone did it... but let's not talk about that) Wouldn't you just be more happy with a list of numbers to make your computer make noises?"
www.youtube.com/user/automaticgainsay
www.myspace.com/automaticgainsay2
www.myspace.com/godfreyscordialmusic

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:08 am

museslave wrote: It'll be interesting to see the price.
I have a feeling it ain't going to be cheap. Hopefully that won't be its undoing. There are a LOT of cheap Rhodes' out there and many people aren't going to pay a couple thousand for something similar you can get for a few hundred. Hopefully (and it sounds like it might) it will bring a lot of new things to the table that seperate it from the vintage Rhodes.

I on the other hand might be persuaded to throw down quite a bit of money for a BRAND NEW Rhodes.

sergiovalente9

Re: wait and listen.....NAMM

Post by sergiovalente9 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:29 pm

goldphinga wrote:
then i see there is new at namm section under the moogerfooger tab menu
Can you put the url in this post??. I can´t find the post under moogerfooger tab.

Thankz a lot