New Moog in the works? "LABYRINTH"

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
MaxFerency

New Moog in the works? "LABYRINTH"

Post by MaxFerency » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:21 am

I was looking into discussions of the Mavis on this board same someone posted about the registration of the Mavis trademark about two years before it was released: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35396&p=182364&hilit=mavis#p182364

Out of curiosity I checked again and they registered "LABYRINTH" this past January for "Sound frequency filters for controlling audio parameters by raising or lowering the gain of specific audio frequencies using a multiple resonant filter array and animating those frequencies using a built-in pattern generator." That sounds really interesting. Maybe riving some of the concepts form the MuRF in a new instrument?

https://trademarks.justia.com/977/62/la ... 62533.html
Max Ferency | http://maxferency.org | max [at] maxferency [dot] org
SYSTEM: macOS & Logic X Pro
GEAR: Matriarch, Sub 37, Korg SV-2, DFAM, MF Drive, MF Delay, MF Boost, Roland RC-202

stiiiiiiive

Re: New Moog in the works? "LABYRINTH"

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:33 pm

I remember the "Matador" name being registered at some point, too.
The descriptions seem to be, if notgeneric, general. This one looks much like the MuRF, indeed. Let's see what happens!

Jaycee_NL

Post by Jaycee_NL » Tue May 02, 2023 2:28 am

Indeed, let's see. But whatever happens, I really hope that the next Moog synth will be something that *many* musicians want and can use. Not another Minimoog Model D like reissue of a decades old monophonic machine that is not interesting for the majority of users

I own 2 Moogs now since around a year or so and love the sound (minotaur & subsequent 25). But to be able to *really* use it in my productions, at least 3 voices polyphony are needed.

VCO

Post by VCO » Tue May 02, 2023 10:16 pm

Have you ever considered a PRO3. It’s paraphonic , has three filters, seQ, ARP, stereo outs , stereo effects . Ladder filter,OB6 filter, Prophet6 filter. 2 VCOs one wavetable OSC. Can sound vintage and futuristic. Not a true poly synth but
Not as expensive. Might work depending on your application. Moog doesn’t offer a lot of options when it comes to strictly poly synths. Sequential and oberhiem offer more price points and models. Prophet5rev4,prophet10 rev4,prophet6,OB6
oBX8, sequential trigon.

FeelinDank

Post by FeelinDank » Fri May 05, 2023 3:14 am

Hmmm interesting find. I’ll bet this “Labyrinth” product is part of a “Phase II” for Moog semi-modulars. It seems they tested the waters with the Werkstatt, Spectravox, and early BFAM pieces. Phase I seemed to be Mother 32, DFAM, and Subharmonicon. Phase II starting with “left-handed chirality” / CV jacks on the left starting with the Mavis, and being more “experimental” in sound design then Phase I products were??

Gotta wonder if “Labyrinth” has some CV control over the sequencer itself, something the MIDI MuRF finally got (only really with MIDI control). I’m betting this is a real Moog product in the works. I doubt It’d be out in Summer 2023, but probably January 2024 for that NAMM show (all speculation on my part).

Is this Moog putting the Moogerfoogers into semi-modular eurorack format?!?
Last edited by FeelinDank on Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnstaf

Post by johnstaf » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:03 pm

The Labyrinth description sounds a bit like the Spectravox from Moogfest (that was never released).

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:28 pm

I hope it meets the approval of Jareth, King of the Goblins