Voyager RME - Mod Bus Issue

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
a1o1

Voyager RME - Mod Bus Issue

Post by a1o1 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:26 am

Hello,

My Voyager RME has a serial number that is outside the range noted for RMEs that had a previously known TI/chip issue.

What I am noticing is that most patches I select now have the LFO modulating them in an overexaggerated way way and looks like the MW mod bus "Amount" wheel is not making any change (e.g. pegged to full amount) - so I can't even dial it back out.

I know this is an older machine but I would love to extend its life as it has been perfect for me otherwise.

Is this an issue someone might have solved or know how to remedy?

The box is well past warranty and I'm very comfortable around electronics and soldering if there is a solution I can follow that needs that type of work.

Unfortunately shipping to an official service centre is likely not an option given how far away they are (I'm in Ireland) along with the colossal weight of this thing which would make shipping prohibitive.

Any help/tips/pointers appreciated.

-A-

a1o1

Re: Voyager RME - Mod Bus Issue

Post by a1o1 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:27 pm

Just to update here - Moog support navigated me through the process and which chips to replace.

I just completed replacing them and everything is working fine again (but note - I have experience with electronics and desoldering/soldering and sourcing right chips etc. was fine for me - I would not recommend this path to others)

VCO

Re: Voyager RME - Mod Bus Issue

Post by VCO » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:12 am

Good to hear when an issue can be resolved