micromoog help!!??

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
rickjohnson

micromoog help!!??

Post by rickjohnson » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:43 pm

hey i just recently acquired a micromoog. unfortunately it is not working. everything seems to be working but i think the sample and hold might be stuck on. has anyone had this problem? am i just not setting something up properly? any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks
-rick

minime123

Post by minime123 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:03 pm

dear rick
i think you can set up the modulation section so that the sample and hold will retrigger the envelope as well as effecting the oscillator, but im not 100% sure right now as i havent used a micro in a while. also check the bypass switch - if its on, the sound will always bleed through. you really should read the manual if youre unsure about function. good luck.
mini
VINTAGE SYNTH DEALER who's never stepped foot in the state of Michigan.

museslave

Post by museslave » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:00 pm

Check the modulation section. There is a setting for Sample and Hold that will have it permanently on if the mod wheel is turned up. Change the modulation setting to something OTHER than the first Sample and Hold setting (the first one is S&H on, the second S&H key triggered), and then turn your mod wheel all the way down.
If it's still going, you have a problem!
www.youtube.com/user/automaticgainsay
www.myspace.com/automaticgainsay2
www.myspace.com/godfreyscordialmusic

rickjohnson

Post by rickjohnson » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:04 pm

after dealing with things a little more.....it turns out it is the bypass switch that is giving me problems. i have searched a little on the forums and noticed that there has been some problems with the bypass switch and the micros. is there a solution to this that is fixable?

-rick

MC

Post by MC » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:18 pm

Your Micro isn't broke. That's the way the BYPASS is supposed to work. It bypasses the VCA so the sound is on continuously. That is designed for processing external sounds so you don't have to trigger the VCA from the keyboard.

rickjohnson

Post by rickjohnson » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:22 pm

no i understand that....it is when i turn the bybass off or on i can't remember. notes on the keyboard don't sound.

thanks for the help! i am not really a noob to analog synths just to the moogs. so i apologize for stupid questions. i do own both the service and owners manual to the micro and read both of them sat down and tried to figure it out. but still i had no luck so that is why i posted here.

thanks again!
-rick