Cleaning Prodigy key contacts - Help required please.

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
industrial_gypsy

Cleaning Prodigy key contacts - Help required please.

Post by industrial_gypsy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:06 am

Can anyone give a little advice on cleaning key contacts please? I have two Prodigies, one of which has three double triggering keys i.e. the note plays reliably when the key is pressed but triggers again when the key is released.

Each key on the Prodigy has two copper leaf type strips, one above the other. I’m assuming one does the voltage (pitch), the other does the envelope. Is this correct?
When the key is pressed the top leaf makes contact first, followed by the lower leaf. When released, the lower one breaks contact first, followed by the upper one. I've watched the operation of the contacts when the keys are pressed and they seem to behave in exactly the same way as the other 'normal' keys.

I’ve tried cleaning the bus rails and copper strips gently with cotton buds and Isopropyl alcohol. Did I do the wrong thing? I seem to be able to get the three keys in question working correctly for a very short period (10mins) then the fault/double triggering re-appears.

Do I need to source new contacts for these keys?

Cheers in advance for any help offered.

jupiter

Re: Cleaning Prodigy key contacts - Help required please.

Post by jupiter » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:33 am

Reviving an old thread. Would appreciate any input on this too.

patriciafoster

Post by patriciafoster » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:22 am

Use the original instructions: http://www.bustedgear.com/repair_Moog_p ... acts_2.htm I don't know what else you can do in this case. I only once had to change a couple of keys on my Micron.

johnstaf

Post by johnstaf » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:43 pm

This might be useful. He dismantles and cleans the keyboard.
https://youtu.be/QwiXi42XkPk