Moog Prodigy 336BX sequencing help

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Steve Mead

Moog Prodigy 336BX sequencing help

Post by Steve Mead » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:17 pm

Hi there,

I wondered if someone would offer me some help. I have a Moog Prodigy 336BX. I also have a Kenton Pro Solo mk2 MIDI to CV converter. My aim is to utilise the step sequencer in my DAW (Reason 10) to play sequences through my Moog so I can record the resulting audio into my DAW.

I have set the Pro Solo parameter 16 to S-Trig no pull up and set parameter 12 to -5v. I have connected the S-Trig lead from the Gate Out (S-Trig) of the Pro Solo to the S-Trig (Cinch Jones?) connection on the rear of the Moog. I have also connected the CV out (Hz/V) to the KYBD In/Out on the rear of the Moog. The 5-pin MIDI In and Thru of the Pro Solo are connected directly to the MIDI IN/Out connections of my audio interface (M-Audio Delta 1010LT). The The audio out from the rear of the Moog is connected to the audio in of the same interface via an M-Audio Audio Buddy.

I have set up an external MIDI instrument in my DAW and selected the Delta 1010LT as the MIDI out option. The sequence is running but no sound. The notes I play on the Moog keyboard can be heard perfectly.

Working on the basis that you are teaching someone like your Nan, are there any troubleshooting tips you can offer please?

Cheers

Steve