Harp Synth

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Jax-Harp

Harp Synth

Post by Jax-Harp » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:31 pm

This may not be the right forum to ask this, but I thought that I would shoot my shot. I am a recording pedal harpist with 14 years of experience studying classical, jazz, and rock harmony at the Berklee College of Music and other institutes.

One of my dreams would be to have a polyphonic synth built into the body of an electric pedal harp. I would love to be able to control the synth using the strings of my harp, as well as have the ability to blend my mix between the clean tone of the harp and the sounds from the synth. Is this even something that could be possible?

There is one person making midi harps, but With the harp community being so small I don’t know anything about them. Plus, my hope would be to be able to have this be some sort of modular or semi modular instrument. I currently have a small electric harp that I have been playing alongside some small modular synths, but I would really love to one day merge the two instruments into one unit.

There is a vast, unexplored wealth of sounds waiting to be discovered from a union of these two instruments.
Attachments
Electric Harp
Electric Harp
Acoustic Harp
Acoustic Harp