Confused

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
cocorisu

Confused

Post by cocorisu » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:00 am

Hi
Like many of you out there, I am a Moog fan and have been since buying a Multimoog back in 1985. Back in 2014 I bought a Sub 37. I have fallen totally in love with the S37, it is such a beautiful sounding synth and so versatile. My gripe is that I seem to be constantly fixing then dam thing. Since I have had it, I have replaced the filter knob, I have replaced the PSU, I have replaced several pots. Just recently I had to replace the Left hand controller PCB because three of multi switches had failed and the rest were on the way out. This is not an old ageing synth and it is not gigged or treated hard. It sits in my studio and is used few time per week. Yet I am very frustrated and disappointed about the quality of the components. If this had been any other manufacturer I would have sold it and vowed not buy another instrument from them. But as it is Moog and I really do love the S37 I find I put up with the poor quality.

I'd be interested if any others have similar stories and frustrations. Is it Moog in general or do I have a bad S37?

MaxFerency

Re: Confused

Post by MaxFerency » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:41 pm

I have a Sub 37 I bought in Dec 2015 and its been great. I've had no problems with it and I still use it. If I remember correctly, some of the early units did have quality issues but that seems to have been corrected with later ones.
Max Ferency | http://maxferency.org | max [at] maxferency [dot] org
SYSTEM: macOS & Logic X Pro
GEAR: Matriarch, Sub 37, Korg SV-2, DFAM, MF Drive, MF Delay, MF Boost, Roland RC-202