How to Calibrate Moog EP-3 Expression Pedal

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
pghnhung

How to Calibrate Moog EP-3 Expression Pedal

Post by pghnhung » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:47 pm

Hi,

So, My Moog EP-3 doesn't work with my Novation Impulse 61. The range from the Expression Pedal only show 0 to 4, instead of 0 to 127. And yes, I filpped the polarity and I know there's a knob on the pedal to custom the range, but it still doesn't work. Lots of people say that I need to calibrate the pedal, but what does that mean?

Could anyone please show me the solution, I even sent my keyboard to get fixed as I thought the problem is in my keyboard controller, but they said the keyboard works just fine, they tested on the Moog EP2 and it works.
I'm completely lost, this thing drive me crazy.

Also, I'm a newbie, so I'm sorry if I did anything wrong, I know this is a very basic question, but please let me know how to do it, I search on the internet but I only shows me how to calibrate with the Looptimus, is it possible to calibrate using my Novation Impulse 61?

Million thanks in advance!
Hung

Acid Mitch

Re: How to Calibrate Moog EP-3 Expression Pedal

Post by Acid Mitch » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:01 am

Normally you use the knob on the side of the EP3 for calibration. Try a different cable.
Have you checked the settings on the Impulse 61 ? Most novation controllers let you set min and max values for pedal input.