Taurus 2 with a controller?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
SleeperCaveRecords

Taurus 2 with a controller?

Post by SleeperCaveRecords » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:29 pm

Hey folks! So I’ve been sitting on this project for about a year now, I’ve got a Taurus 2 and would love to figure out some way to hook it up to my Arturia Keylab. The Keylab outputs CV by I can not for the life of me figure out how to get it to interface with the Taurus properly. Has anyone had any luck with either setting up a Keylab with a Taurus 2, or generally just interfacing it with a keyboard?

Thanks!

Akusta

Re: Taurus 2 with a controller?

Post by Akusta » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:31 pm

One of the best options would be a used Roland PK-5 midi controller. Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson use them live instead of the Taurus pedals. There's also the Korg MPK-130 but they're older and don't have as many options. You can find the Rolands $300-$500 used all day. Great, reliable, built like a tank, polyphonic, etc. I love my Roland PK-5A and been gigging with it for years, no problems. It was hard finding a case for it so I just use an old suitcase with foam inside when I bring it out to shows.

TheDigitalMan

Post by TheDigitalMan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:49 pm

I'm using a Studio Logic MP-113

https://www.studiologic-music.com/produ ... edalboard/

Works good, and feels solid. Does the trick for me.

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:13 pm

Isn't there something to do with the S-trig or something like that? Have you poked around online? I never had one, I've used the Roland PK-5A to control things with MIDI but never used a CV controller.

SleeperCaveRecords

Post by SleeperCaveRecords » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 pm

Akusta wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:31 pm One of the best options would be a used Roland PK-5 midi controller. Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson use them live instead of the Taurus pedals. There's also the Korg MPK-130 but they're older and don't have as many options. You can find the Rolands $300-$500 used all day. Great, reliable, built like a tank, polyphonic, etc. I love my Roland PK-5A and been gigging with it for years, no problems. It was hard finding a case for it so I just use an old suitcase with foam inside when I bring it out to shows.
Oh I should’ve been more clear, I meant using a keyboard controller, I’ve got the pedals and they work just fine but are a bit cumbersome overall