Memorymoog only works in Mono mode

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
kogz23

Memorymoog only works in Mono mode

Post by kogz23 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:55 pm

Hi all,
I’m trying to resurrect a broken Memorymoog. I’m currently stumped. It does not work in poly mode. Scoping the triggers and cvs shows that nothing is happening when I’m not in Mono mode. Any ideas/thoughts greatly appreciated!

analogmonster

Re: Memorymoog only works in Mono mode

Post by analogmonster » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:19 am

There is an LED above the MONO trigger, isn't it? Does it switch off when triggered? Do the other triggers in that section work? Does the instrument work in general, or do other functions do not work either?

kogz23

Post by kogz23 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:31 pm

The led is turning on and off.
I actually fixed the issue by resetting the ram and loading in the factory patches. :D
Now trying to figure out why 0 voices are passing Autotune! :x

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:10 pm

There is a set of Reset Test Points - connector P49 on the digital Board . Short either of the 2 ground pins to the reset pin.

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:20 am

Hi- not sure how your last reply shows up before mine. But anyway, glad that worked. As to the 0 voices tuned you’re in for some fun now. Hope you have a good understanding of how the autotune works. If not you’ll have to study the schematics and circuit descriptions..

I’’m happy to answer specific questions but this I may not be an easy one to resolve. Otoh sometimes you get lucky so don’t let that scare you.