Memorymoog Revived!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
whinylittlerunt

Memorymoog Revived!

Post by whinylittlerunt » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:32 pm

Finally!

And, before anything else, thank you to Markyboard and everyone else here in in the groups that helped me figure out things as I went along. This was a big job, no question about it. A lot was changed, and I am sure it's been improved. I did a burn-in overnight after tuning all 6 voices and still tuning up perfectly. Decided to button her up and put her back in rotation with the other classics....

Final oscillator tuning and calibration:

New Noctua fan:

Voice boards (new sockets installed for all Curtis chips and all ribbon connectors, along with full re-cap and some 4016s replaced):

Close-up of voice cards with new trimmers installed:

2 of the 3 EPROMS for the 2.4 OS that broke. my. bawls. trying to burn until I gave in and got a good burner and eraser:

All buttoned back up:

Quite possibly the best thing any Memorymoog owner could see:

Of course, I still have my doubts because... Memorymoog... but, I'm honestly very pleased with how this all came out, and it really taught me a lot in terms of really reading and understanding the schematics and the different circuits which is kinda late considering I've already been in it messing around, but really I feel a lot more confident repairing other big jobs now.
memorymoog #1257 | minimoog model d reissue

Markyboard

Re: Memorymoog Revived!

Post by Markyboard » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:45 pm

What an awesome post - congrats Mike! And yes, it does get easier. Always new things to learn - even when you think you've seen it all. Or when you think you've seen the worst. :evil:

Very happy for you - enjoy!
Last edited by Markyboard on Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:52 pm

wow, congratulations!!

thx for the pics.

plan to post any audio? would be interesting to hear!

MC

Post by MC » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:47 pm

Another happy ending. Great job bringing this back to life.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi