Programmable envelopes in the Moog editor

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
toryjames

Programmable envelopes in the Moog editor

Post by toryjames » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:49 pm

With the digital envelopes available on many of the new Moog synthesizers, I would love if the ADSR contours could be altered within the software editor. Adjusting between linear and exponential shapes would make for quite a variety of percussive sounds. With the Dave Smith line this can be done by having the envelope stages modulate themselves; the modulation bends the otherwise linear ADSR control voltages. I would be very excited if I could do something similar with my Minitaur. This all started when I compared the decay of the Werkstatt to the Minitaur and the Mother-32. The Werkstatt has a pleasing curved decay/release that I prefer to the others.

till

Re: Programmable envelopes in the Moog editor

Post by till » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:35 am

You don't just have to feature this in an Editor, it needs to included in the firmware of the synth first.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

toryjames

Post by toryjames » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:05 pm

That is correct, and I bet the Moog engineers will understand that. :D

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:54 pm

Just a couple of weeks ago I discovered the gate/envelope function in the MP-201 Multi Pedal. Each stage of the ADSR can be set for linear, exponential or log. Sending a 1 shot envelope initiated (and terminated) by a foot switch is way cool.