Troubles with MIDI notes send to Moog Minitaur

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Felix_E

Troubles with MIDI notes send to Moog Minitaur

Post by Felix_E » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:57 pm

Hey guys,

I recently bought the Moog Minitaur and really love the sound of it. However I encountered a slight problem once I started using the Moog in FL Studio. So I have the moog connected via USB to my computer and I am running the sound over Audio Out into an external soundcard. The problem is that whenever i trigger a MIDI note in FL Studio, the Moog triggers the note double, real quick - almost like its sequenced. It's not though and only happens after I play the note. I am afraid its a problem with the Moog since it's only happening on the MIDI Out in FL Studio and on no other channel. Is there a setting i accidently activated or someone that can help me?

Many thanks in advance

Flareless

Re: Troubles with MIDI notes send to Moog Minitaur

Post by Flareless » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:02 am

If you can get a hardware MIDI controller that plugs directly into the DIN port on the Minitaur you could determine if the problem is with the computer / software / USB->MIDI controller or with the actual Minitaur.
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

Acid Mitch

Re: Troubles with MIDI notes send to Moog Minitaur

Post by Acid Mitch » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:36 pm

Try having only the midi output active in flstudio to make sure you don’t have a feedback loop or something.