Replace transformer for Concertmate MG-1

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
dougf

Replace transformer for Concertmate MG-1

Post by dougf » Fri May 03, 2019 9:08 am

Hello:

I've searched the forum here and only found 2 posts regarding my problem and they seem unresolved, but they're also old so I figured why not give it a try? Anyway, I have a MG-1 and it worked up until very recently when I dropped it on the floor and now the sound is almost inaudible except for the highest pitches, so I'm guessing the problem is the transformer. Looking at the transformer, there appears to be some damage: Image.

So I'm looking to replace it, but since it's so old I'm running into issues finding a replacement. I've looked into websites that sell parts to old synths but haven't found this transformer available. Also, according to an old forum post here, there seems to be some controversy as to how many amps this transformer has. Is it really 5 amps as the manual specifies or is it a typo?

In any case, what are my options for getting a replacement? Do I keep on scouring the web to see if I can find this transformer for sale somewhere? Do I make do with a similar transformer from another synth? Do I get a new transformer and try to upgrade the synth? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.