Moog Music Forum

Share Ideas and Pass the word

Clear bumpers on Pratt Read keyboards

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.

Clear bumpers on Pratt Read keyboards

Postby Guizmo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:59 pm


Is there anyone who could tell me what’s the name of those clear bumpers located below the keys on Pratt Read keyboards ? (Picture on attachment).

I miss 4 on my Arp Odyssey and I’d like to buy some, do you know where? I searched everywhere, but nothing...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:42 am

Re: Clear bumpers on Pratt Read keyboards

Postby synthguy » Fri May 03, 2019 7:51 pm

These are getting hard to find.

They are called bellcrank caps, and for what it's worth, someone has 4 available to sell currently on EBay.
Not cheap, but at least available.

Another source might be to scour local thrift stores or the Goodwill for a cast off 60s-70s home organ (Lowrey, Baldwin, etc). These often had similar keybeds that you could plunder for parts, and can sometimes be had very cheaply.

Hope this helps!
Visit my synthblog...Moogs and more!
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Re: Clear bumpers on Pratt Read keyboards

Postby Ledbetter » Sat May 04, 2019 11:15 pm

I have used silicon fuel lines for RC plane engines to replace one or two of these and it worked fine. Get the right size at your local hobby shop.
Former owner of Prodigy #2845 (purchased new, long ago), Animoog, Voyager Select (Fire & Maple), Little and Slim Phatties, Nord Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2X, Roland AX-9.
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:18 pm

Return to Moog Music General Topics Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 6 guests