trying to trigger my prodigy with my MPC = need help...

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Keith collins

trying to trigger my prodigy with my MPC = need help...

Post by Keith collins » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:28 pm

so i got my kenton pro solo mkII cv/midi converter... and i'm triggering my prodigy with my MPC, but so far all i've gotten it to do is play one note... that is, what ever note i play last (with my hand) that's the note the MPC will trigger until i hit another note.
i was hoping i would be able to program arpeggios and bass lines with the MPC.
is this possible? or can it not be done because the prodigy is mono?

any help would rock!
thanks!
Prodigy336A ::: Opus 3 ::: Big Briar Theremin ::: MF-102 ::: MF-105 ::: CP-251 ::: MPC1000

eric coleridge

Post by eric coleridge » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:58 pm

Keith,

have you read the Pro Solo manual?

You have to connect the ProSolo's CV output to the Prodigy's "Osc" input. You also connect the ProSolo's Gate (S-trig) output to the Prodigy's "s-trig" input. You also have to tell the ProSolo to send "s-trig" because when you turn it on, it's default is for gate.

Then it should play whatever you have coming out of the MPC.

The only other issue I can think of is the Prodigy's Osc input probably doesn't disconnect the internal Prodigy Keyboard CV. This is just the way many Moogs were made and means that the Keyboard will also send CV in addition to the CV sent from the ProSolo. The practical outcome is that you have to "set" the root key for the incomming CV data by pressing a note on the Prodigy keyboard.
Although this makes it a little more difficult to integrate the Prodigy with your Midi set-up, it will also allow you "transpose" the incomming arpeggio data by pressing different keys in realtime.

Keith collins

Post by Keith collins » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:42 am

ack! i'm such a moron... i read the manual but must have missed that part. i hooked it all up now, and damn it's beautiful.
this is EXACTLY what i wanted... i can't thank you enough for taking the time to walk me through this whole process.

woo hoo!
Prodigy336A ::: Opus 3 ::: Big Briar Theremin ::: MF-102 ::: MF-105 ::: CP-251 ::: MPC1000

eric coleridge

Post by eric coleridge » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:30 pm

Keith collins wrote: i can't thank you enough for taking the time to walk me through this whole process.
You could post some Mp3s of the Prodigy doing arps with drum beats...

I'd like to hear how it's sounding....

Keith collins

Post by Keith collins » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:14 am

i've never posted mp3's before. how do i go about doing that?