Moog Source via MCV4 CV Scaling woes

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Yves Malone

Moog Source via MCV4 CV Scaling woes

Post by Yves Malone » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:10 pm

Say all, I've got a CV question: I am having scaling issues as my Source scales up: to adjust that is it an internal pot or a midi command from the MCV4?
I cannot suss out that info.
Also, the Source always seems to be playing the control note: any tips to fix that? Kinda annoying.
Thannnnks.

MC

Re: Moog Source via MCV4 CV Scaling woes

Post by MC » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:42 pm

There's no trimpot in the Source to adjust the CV scaling. You'd have to adjust the scaling at the MIDI->CV converter.

I don't understand "always seems to be playing the control note". Please rephrase.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Yves Malone

Post by Yves Malone » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:08 pm

Hey hey - thanks!
So if it's a patch with any sort of long release the lowest note of the scale is always on but pretty low volume.
Short release patches = no drone.

Total noob question: is there a free OS app to send cc commands from a mac?
And which one of PC #'s is the scaling adjust? I see the table in the manual but nothing says "scaling?.
Did I mention the word "noob"?

Yves Malone

Post by Yves Malone » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:49 am

OK a follow up - after a night of experimenting I've discovered as long as I have a midi signal sending cc 8 down the line the s-trig behaves like it should.
Is this just the way of the world? Always have to send that command to the Source with the MCV4?
Still looking for the scaling answer however.