Micromoog parts source needed

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
johnny_beatitude

Micromoog parts source needed

Post by johnny_beatitude » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi All,
I'm looking for a replacement knob for my Micromoog. It's the only thing missing from a very nice vintage board.
So 1) are the knobs on the Micromoog unique or were they shared with models other than the Multimoog and 2) any ideas where to purchase?
Thanks in advance,
Johnny

zagnogaspi

Re: Micromoog parts source needed

Post by zagnogaspi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:02 am

Did you try searching on eBay? Most propably you can get it from there.

Note: Beware of fake seller, so go with reputated seller.

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:56 am

Hello! I'm also looking for a knob for my Micromoog. Have not had any luck with eBay or Syntaur. Will you keep us posted if you find some spares? I'll do the same for you. Also, if you find a few of them I'd be happy to buy one off you.
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

barryallen1337

Post by barryallen1337 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:12 pm

My pop recently shipped me my old Micromoog which had been sitting in the attic for 20 years. I had a friend at work fix it up - a bit of cleaning, replace some power supply capacitors, new potentiometer for the mod wheel, new wire for one of the keys. Surprisingly, even prior to the fix-up work it still played in tune with itself.

However, the pitch strip appears to have some kind of internal short and thus does not work. I want to repair it if possible, I haven't found any source for them online except for an ebay store in another country (ebay.com.sg, where is that?) and it isn't cheap.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this thing or build a new one from scratch?

electrojoe

Post by electrojoe » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:54 pm

You really need to check the ground on the ribbon controller. If that's loose the ribbon won't work. However I can rebuild them if you need to. Send me a PM.

dangerracing

Post by dangerracing » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:10 am

I was wondering (a) if the Micromoog's knobs were original or if they were used on other models as well, and (b) if anyone knew where I could get one.