Prodigy with oscillator 1 problem

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
artripiii

Prodigy with oscillator 1 problem

Post by artripiii » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:57 am

Hello everyone, I begin having some problems with oscillator 1, at first it takes a time to begin functioning, I cleaned the switches with WD40 but now it is not working at all. A slight crackle appears if I move the osc 1 waveform switch whilst pressing any of the keys. Finally when switching the sync switch to 'on' the sound from osc 2 disappears as well no matter where any of the volumes are set. I have seen in the forum that could be a problem with LM3046. Can you please tell me where I can buy one, and if it is possible, how to identify it inside and how to change it. Thanks so much for the help!

atkbg

Re: Prodigy with oscillator 1 problem

Post by atkbg » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:27 am

I'm not an EE and a hobbiest at best;

WD-40 is not to be used on a synth at all. You're probably going to have to replace the switch or at least remove it and clean it well, and also clean the board if you got any on it (which you probably did). Use isopropyl alcohol (99%) or a designated circuit cleaner . (Many don't even like the circuit cleaner, either.)

There is nothing for the OSC to sync to. Yes, it does sound like a dead LM3046. But, without a scope or at least an audio probe, its a shotgun approach. If you can't read a schematic and/or locate a LM3046 and are looking "how to change it", I'd really suggest taking this to a tech.

All the best,
~A

artripiii

Re: Prodigy with oscillator 1 problem

Post by artripiii » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:07 am

Thanks for your comments, I am living in a remote place with no technician around, so the only option is to try to do it by myself. So if somebody could recommend where I can I buy the LM3046 on internet, I will be very grateful.