How to repair sonic six?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
belladaisy2018

How to repair sonic six?

Post by belladaisy2018 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:12 am

hi guys

i need some help. do you know where in central europe i can let repair my moog sonic six form 1973?

it got damaged on tour. i see power light, but no sound at all. neither through main outs nor through the onboard monitors.
an electrician checked all cables inside and found no broken cables or bad contacts. he guessed it might be the amplifier unit.

do you know where i can get a circuit diagram?
or can you provide me with some links where i can find more information about moog sonic six?

thank you for your support!

cheers
bella

synthguy

Re: How to repair sonic six?

Post by synthguy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi Bella:
You can find and download a copy of the excellent service manual for the Sonic Six at the synthfool.com website.

With this info, any competent synth repairperson should be able to figure out the problem with your synth.
If it's never been serviced before, you may find that most or all of the electrolytic caps on the circuit boards inside should be replaced as they are probably 40+ years old. Most of the electronic parts are still available with a few exceptions. Physical parts like switches, knobs, sliders, etc are much rarer.

These are great synths, and well worth restoring.

Keep an eye on my blog, as I will be posting a long overdue article on the Sonic Six soon.

Hope this helps!
Visit my synthblog...Moogs and more!
Www.synthguy.com