Linstrument or Roli Seaboard

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
sub guy

Linstrument or Roli Seaboard

Post by sub guy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:08 am

I was wondering if anyone here has either of these two very innovative midi controllers and has used them successfully with Moog equipment and what your experience with it has been?

They are both a bit pricey and have a TON of functionality that would not be useful on a hardware synth but the expressiveness they provide is very compelling to me.

I am thinking of getting the Muse for my Minimoog reissue which I think will allow me to use either of these keyboards with it and transmit velocity, pitch bend and filter cutoff. It would make for a very expressive instrument.

sub guy

Re: Linstrument or Roli Seaboard

Post by sub guy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:07 pm

I ended up going with the Linnstrument. Its the second one in my OP. I have to say that this is an incredible keyboard and has really enhanced my playing already. It is totally different than a piano (I think its a superior design) but WOW is it worth every penny. With the Model D I only get velocity, note, and pitch bend but even with that it feels worth it. Once I install the Muse on the Model D I will have one more parameter to control with it --- Ill chose filter cutoff control.

With my Minitaur I can control velocity, pitch bend, and filter already and it is just wonderful. On the Sub 37 once I update my software and get the editor I will have all levels of control that the Linnstrument offers. Velocity, Loudness (controlled by how hard you press the pad after initial strike, pitch bend (left right finger movement), and Filter control (up down movement with finger).

If you guys have not heard of this Midi control instrument check it out.