Micromoog switch replacement

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
davebr

Micromoog switch replacement

Post by davebr » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:44 pm

I just repaired a Micromoog. The pitch was unstable and there were two issues. The first was the tin-on-tin connectors just didn't have good contact resistance even after cleaning. I pulled all the headers and replaced them with gold. You have to use the same style header as you have to solder both the bottom and top side of the board since it is not plated through. I crimped new gold pins for new headers and in the process found some wires fatigued at the crimp.

The next issue was the custom CTS switch for the octave selection. The plastic was deteriorating and while I could have tried cleaning, you really have to remove the switch to access the bottom. I decided to replace it. This is a custom CTS 227 series of which there are none in distribution. Another NOS switch would be in the same condition. I was able to replace it with a Lorlin switch which fit perfectly although it took some time to retrofit it to the PCB and knob.

Details and photos are on my Micromoog page at http://modularsynthesis.com/moog/microm ... romoog.htm

Dave