Instead of NAMM, Moog does their own thing

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
latigid on

Instead of NAMM, Moog does their own thing

Post by latigid on » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:00 am

http://www.musicradar.com/news/namm-201 ... ectronicus

Moog tends to do very organic showcases; I saw a cool one at Superbooth 2016. Some of the setups in this "House of Moog" are really creative. It's not just about putting products in the spotlight, rather you get an unique and original experience.

stiiiiiiive

Re: Instead of NAMM, Moog does their own thing

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:18 am

Very cool, indeed.

I loved the 6-Minitaur installation in the end :) Would be curious tp play that one!

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:44 pm

could not get any vid to show on that webpage, is this the one?

from youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBTvn_cjOgo

if so, that was cool!!

funny, after picking up my minitaur, I was wondering about stringing a bunch of them together, kind of like SEM's from Oberheim

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:39 am

Not that one, but you would have seen similar stuffs.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:58 pm

I setup a patch with a Little Phatty, a Voyager Old School, a FreqBox -> MF-101 modulated by a MP-201 envelope and Midi2CV, and a Taurus 3. It was ridiculous. The girth of the sonic volume was so massive that I would argue that it was unusable. Of course it was a rather low frequency due to the limitation of the T3's range.

Many compare and criticize 'thinness' of certain Poly voices versus a 3 Osc VCO based mono synth. I couldn't imagine what even 4 Minitaurs might sound like.

FWIW, I have 6 SEMs that I've played in both Unison and as part of a limited Poly 'chord'. It too is ridiculous but there are plenty of Oberheim FVS+4 examples to demonstrate that.

As for Moog's house of fun, I've seen one walk through which was interesting but didn't really do the place justice (there was no Moog employee giving the tour).
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!