My Next MOOG Move

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Tom Liberatore

My Next MOOG Move

Post by Tom Liberatore » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:58 am

I'm saving for another MOOG, in the past I had a Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, and a Sub37. I want to try a Subsequent37 but should have enough money to consider a used Voyager as well. Plus I hear rumors that MOOG might finally be coming out with a poly synth to be introduced at the NAMM show, if something like that might be in the pipe I can afford to wait a bit and save more money just in case. Has anyone else heard anything along those lines?
Hammond XK-5, A-100, Voyager RME, Leslie 3300, Studiologic Sledge (yellow)

MC

Re: My Next MOOG Move

Post by MC » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:17 am

There have been rumors of a moog polysynth for at least eight years. It's kind of a sore subject around here.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

sub guy

Post by sub guy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:14 pm

I dont know about the poly. Like was said above there have been rumors and Moog IS working on something big but we dont know what it is.
I wonder about the Subsequent 37. I've got the sub 37 and like the sound A LOT. I would not trade mine in for the subsequent nor would I add one to my repertoire unless for some reason I got rid of the Sub.

I also have the new MiniMoog and would not a voyager over that.....

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:34 pm

Tom Liberatore, my philosophy is: every minute you still don"t have a Moog is a minute you don't play a Moog.

Tom Liberatore

Post by Tom Liberatore » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:37 pm

stiiiiiiive wrote:Tom Liberatore, my philosophy is: every minute you still don"t have a Moog is a minute you don't play a Moog.
True, but those minutes I am playing a Hammond, now there's a key bed!
Hammond XK-5, A-100, Voyager RME, Leslie 3300, Studiologic Sledge (yellow)