Moog Source Help!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
torinkrell

Moog Source Help!

Post by torinkrell » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:43 am

Hi friends and synth experts! After purchasing my Moog Source 6 months ago I recently started having an overheating problem. The Source membrane panel stops working after the synth warms up after a couple of minutes and reverts to the #1 patch which remains playable. I read about the "Crazy Source" fix so I removed each regulator, and with a pencil eraser I removed all the oxidation on each of their leads. Then I carefully replaced each, moving each of the regulator's cleaned leads back and forth twice in the lead holes before screwing them all back down. This appears to have lengthened the amount of time that the synth works properly but after 20 minutes or less the same problem returns. If I restart the synth a half an hour after the membrane panel stops working properly, it works for a far shorter time making me think that the problem includes a circuit that can store heat for a while (like the power supply heat sink). It also apparently works properly longer if I put a fan on the warm back of the synth. Is there anything else a somewhat enlightened layperson like myself can do before I take it to a tech?
Akai AX-80
Korg Polysix
Roland Juno 60
Moog The Source
Yamaha e1010 BBD
Moog Parametric EQ
Sequential Prophet Pro~One
Altec AS-1600 audio oscillator (1947)
Moog Music Minimoog Model D (1973)