500 Series Chassis & Moog 500 Delays

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
luke_aziz

500 Series Chassis & Moog 500 Delays

Post by luke_aziz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:13 pm

So from the beginning, I recently bought a new Antelope Orion 32 HD interface and a pair of Moog 500 Delay units. I'm between studios so set up a quick and dirty set up in my flat to test them both out.

I've already got an original Orion 32 (in my mobile rig stored out of town so inaccessible to test with) but quite comfortable with it and once sorted out the new Antelope Orion routing matrix, seemed to have all the i/o's in the right order.

I sent out a signal to the delays which are housed in an RND R6 500 series chassis, but the signal once routed and returned to Logic is dry. I can see an input signal on the Moogs, but the output & drive bare no relation to the incoming signal.

I then tested the signal through to a pair of UBK Clari's and got a wet signal back, so I know the routing is correct. Now the strange part; If I turn off the power to the RND R6 with the clari's patched the returned signal is dead (obviously, thinking that the R6 will not pass audio if switched off. But with the signal passing to the Moogs, the returned signal is always dry, EVEN returning dry audio when the R6 is switched off!!

Now, does the R6 allow audio to pass even when powered down in a similar way to being a passive XLR bank? Are the Moog's broken? Am I just losing my mind?

Any help, advice or any insight would be wonderful right now as I have no idea whats going on.