Yes inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame ... ModelD/Kronos

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
HookedOnSonics

Yes inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame ... ModelD/Kronos

Post by HookedOnSonics » Tue May 02, 2017 12:49 am

Model D, Korg Kronos, and Yes SHINE at the Rock and Role Hall Of Fame's Yes Induction - LONG OVERDUE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1-NsnlPc54
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

HookedOnSonics

Re: Yes inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame ... ModelD/Kronos

Post by HookedOnSonics » Tue May 02, 2017 7:29 pm

We had NO idea that Rick Wakeman was a natural stand-up, his acceptance speech was HILARIOUS!!! Check it out here at 13:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyOm8WVJIRA
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

Kirneh Ness

Post by Kirneh Ness » Wed May 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Great clips. Nice to see Bill Bruford looking good in the background! And yes, Rick was hilarious.
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Fri May 05, 2017 2:31 pm

I was there. As a Yes fan and an equal fan of Wakeman, I'll report that it was incredible even if they only played 2 and 1/2 songs.

Jon Anderson sounded really good as well. I can't say that for Journey because their fake lead singer a) didn't sound good and b) was more fake than the fake news. Maybe I've got that last part wrong? But it was a major let down for the large number of Journey fans (not necessarily me).

We all have our 'biggest disappointment concerts that we missed moments' and for me it was NOT seeing Wakeman doing his Six Wives concert @ Hampton Court Palace in 2009. Subsequent to the R&R induction, I found that Wakeman, Rabin, Anderson are touring to so if the universe is willing, I will see them in September and get to be blown away by Rick's stylings.

With Bernie gone, Chick playing a Voyager (and depending on the lineup and material not even) and most keyboard players doodling and tweaking knobs on virtual instruments, he may be the last Minimoog player to take one (or 3) on tour that we have left; and truly a gentleman and a funny mother f'er.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Sun May 14, 2017 2:04 pm

I am not impressed.... The R&R "Hall of Fame" couldn't find time in it's schedule to induct YES before Chris Squire passed away, at age 67??

screw the R&R Hall of Fame

they should have been inducted YEARS ago

4dubs

Post by 4dubs » Mon May 15, 2017 8:07 pm

ummagumma wrote:they should have been inducted YEARS ago
Couldn't agree more. I'm a huge fan . . . . and while it's disgraceful that Squire wasn't alive to see it (and Peter Banks too, for that matter), better for it to have happened before yet more members leave the planet.
Moog: Model D, Voyager, Sub 37, ONE 8V, Minifooger Delay (x2)/DSI: Prophet 6, Pro 2, Prophet REV2 16V/Nord Stage 2 SW73/Studiologic Sledge 2.0 Black/Waldorf Iridium desktop/Arturia Matrixbrute/Behringer Mono/Poly, 2600/Mellotron Micro/Modal Cobalt 8x

MoogProg

Post by MoogProg » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:31 pm

EMwhite wrote:I can't say that for Journey because their fake lead singer a) didn't sound good and b) was more fake than the fake news. Maybe I've got that last part wrong? But it was a major let down for the large number of Journey fans (not necessarily me).
Have you seen a doc about Journey's search for a new singer? Really paints a great picture of the guy. Worth watching, even if it doesn't change your opinion of the show.

synthchaser

Post by synthchaser » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:23 pm

4dubs wrote:
ummagumma wrote:they should have been inducted YEARS ago
Couldn't agree more. I'm a huge fan . . . . and while it's disgraceful that Squire wasn't alive to see it (and Peter Banks too, for that matter), better for it to have happened before yet more members leave the planet.
You mean if Peter Banks was still alive to be snubbed and not inducted?