Dear Moog staff

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
lushr

Dear Moog staff

Post by lushr » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:41 pm

I just want to thank you all for such a great effort and great influence on the music community. I'm really sad that certain companies would copy your work and have poorly paid people in another country do all the work, while they take the profits.

The fact that you guys go to such lengths to employ local, pay staff well and use sustainable quality materials does not go unnoticed. And of course we all know nothing sounds like a moog, but a moog.

All my love, respect and appreciation.

Lou.

EricK

Re: Dear Moog staff

Post by EricK » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Lou,
You wrote a kind letter and I don't want to take away from that thought from the Moog staff at all. However, you must be writing about the Behringer version of the Model D. No one is copying Moog's work. :wink:
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

thealien666

Re: Dear Moog staff

Post by thealien666 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:39 am

Lou, rest assured that no matter how much other companies try, and have tried to offer the full experience of a Minimoog D, none of them ever succeeded so far. Not even Moog Music itself with the Voyager, up until they've recently wisely decided to produce the real deal once again.

As much as I enjoy my Behringer DeepMind 12 polysynth, their Model D has nothing to do with a Minimoog D, except maybe a vague resemblance in a minuscule form factor and the letter D in its name. :wink:
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion