Tuning issue

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
ela

Tuning issue

Post by ela » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:19 am

Hi,

My Memorymoog + was damaged when it was sent for repair (Tuning issues) one of the Dual Concentric Oscillator pots was snapped in half :( . Does anyone know where i can get a replacement or suitable equivelent?

Cheers

facon

Re: Tuning issue

Post by facon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:18 am

You would probably have to post more details about the pot, like values, pictures, any numbers/markings on it. You may also have better luck posting on a music electronics forum like GroupDIY.com . A lot of recording gear uses dual concentric pots and there are some incredibly experienced people on that forum. Good luck.

zaiusz

Post by zaiusz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:03 pm

This is by no means a conventional means of refurbishment, but it worked splendidly for someone's memorymoog I worked on. The concentric pot can be desoldered and dissassembled, and believe it or not the inner pin can be restored by soldering the center pin of an RCA jack on top. Just need to cut out the center pin of an RCA jack and trim to size. What surprised me is that it was exactly the same thickness and soldered easily to the top, and above all VERY sturdy.

zaiusz

Post by zaiusz » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:43 am

zaiusz wrote:This is by no means a conventional means of refurbishment, but it worked splendidly for someone's memorymoog I worked on. The concentric pot can be desoldered and dissassembled, and believe it or not the inner pin can be restored by soldering the center pin of an RCA jack on top. Just need to cut out the center pin of an RCA jack and trim to size. What surprised me is that it was exactly the same thickness and soldered easily to the top, and above all VERY sturdy.
Not sure if this image shows up, but here is what the RCA cable pin looks like on the broken shaft:

markcowell23

Post by markcowell23 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:43 am

zaiusz wrote:
zaiusz wrote:This is by no means a conventional means of refurbishment, but it worked splendidly for someone's memorymoog I worked on. The concentric pot can be desoldered and dissassembled, and believe it or not the inner pin can be restored by soldering the center pin of an RCA jack on top. Just need to cut out the center pin of an RCA jack and trim to size. What surprised me is that it was exactly the same thickness and soldered easily to the top, and above all VERY sturdy.
Not sure if this image shows up, but here is what the RCA cable pin looks like on the broken shaft:

Hii These images are not showing