Moog Prodigy - upper register keys no response, any help?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
SpaceRockInSpace

Moog Prodigy - upper register keys no response, any help?

Post by SpaceRockInSpace » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:20 pm

Hey there,

I came across a moog prodigy 1979 but the upper register of the keys have no response, the gentleman selling it wants 600 for it, I was just wondering if anyone has had that expierence or could maybe give me a general idea of if it is worth the repairs, everything g else looks good and the lower register works.

That's all the information I have on it, I know it's not much but I figured I would try and get some opinions anyway.

Cheers!

torinkrell

Re: Moog Prodigy - upper register keys no response, any help

Post by torinkrell » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:24 pm

Hi SpaceRockInSpace - we need more information to help you. Are you able to play the Prodigy and provide more details? Information including whether this occurs in both oscillators, whether any other functions are not working, if it has CV connections (factory or not), as well as the approximate serial number would be helpful.
Akai AX-80
Korg Polysix
Roland Juno 60
Moog The Source
Yamaha e1010 BBD
Moog Parametric EQ
Sequential Prophet Pro~One
Altec AS-1600 audio oscillator (1947)
Moog Music Minimoog Model D (1973)

Ledbetter

Post by Ledbetter » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:37 pm

That price sounds high. The key contacts are in sections, the upper section may have come loose. Or it could be more serious. Good luck.
Former owner of Prodigy #2845 (purchased new, long ago), Animoog, Voyager Select (Fire & Maple), Little and Slim Phatties, Nord Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2X, Roland AX-9.

Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:13 pm

How handy are you with a soldering iron? It sound like a simple break between two the keyboard sections due to mechanical stress. Should be easy to identify by eye or with a multimeter. The prodigy is very simple to open up. You'll need to unbolt the keyboard assembly from the base panel but it's easy enough and you really can't go wrong putting it back together.