Found a Minimoog D on the street

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
bichuelo

Re: Found a Minimoog D on the street

Post by bichuelo » Sun May 29, 2016 8:33 am

JohnLRice wrote:
bichuelo wrote:A friend of mine owns a model D he got second hand on 1981. The first oscillator never worked and he treated the synth really bad. It is so ruined right now that a repair would be way too pricey, and I don't think you could get more than a couple hundred of bucks, for the handful of spare parts you can use.

I saw one in similar conditions once on eBay and it was sold for $250

Just sayin'
Actually, buy it for $250, put a $1000 into restoring it, sell it for $5000, make a $3,750 profit, not bad! 8)
Well he hasn't sold it yet. Guess I'm still in time to help him restore it... I wonder if I would let it go then, for any price at all :roll:
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

millahjovich

Post by millahjovich » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:59 am

That guy had just come back from a gig and was making room in his house for the organ and Moog.
Seems you got there just at the right time, when he was inside and his back was turned..!

NickGrooves

Post by NickGrooves » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:29 am

Deja-vu on that last comment.

Man what a weird thread. I was expecting photos for sure. Whatever.
Voyager select
Mother-32
Hammond XK-3c
Emu Proteus 2000
ProTools

isomoog

Post by isomoog » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:58 pm

....that's even better than my UA 1176 found on the curb, although i was certainly happy about that find, too!

brent r
isopod.us

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:17 pm

She simply came into my house one day in 2006; love at first sight:
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/musicabin ... _e_pi__IS_

My Voyager is at the office right now since we are trying to fix a small issue. She misses it badly since its her main instrument <3 <3 <3

So yes, there might be some lucky moments in life. But, it is quite hard to beleive the OP's story...
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

dsveinson

Post by dsveinson » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:46 pm

It'd be great to see some pictures! It's hard to believe that these things still happen in the internet age but I obtained a mint Hammond A100 in the same manner a few years ago. For any guitar-folks out there, a friend of mine pulled a near mint 1966 Fender Super Reverb AND reverb unit out of a garbage pile last summer. I recently read an internet forum tale about a Rev 1 ARP Odyssey purchased from a second-hand store for pennies as the store's employees couldn't get a coherent noise out of it and figured it was broken. You'd think that price-checking would be a no brainer given that the tools are at virtually everyone's disposal, but gems still slip through the cracks. I just can't stand to think of the 50 year old legacy instruments that don't get rescued from a garbage pile.