First Recorded Doodles w/Mother & SP

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
soulmanure

First Recorded Doodles w/Mother & SP

Post by soulmanure » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:48 pm

This one's essentially just the Mother 32 with an Arena reverb, an MF102, an MF105M and, doing most of the work, an MF104M:
https://soundcloud.com/soulmanure/synthetic

This one's the M32 along with my SP, and a few pedals:
https://soundcloud.com/soulmanure/synth-12_1

No great shakes, but the thick tone of the Moogs was so good that I had to lay them down. I ordered a Beatstep pro and some attenuator cables to see where I can go next.

Vsyevolod

Re: First Recorded Doodles w/Mother & SP

Post by Vsyevolod » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:32 pm

Very nice work SM. Very clean sound... better than I expect from running your signal through a 104.

Stephen

soulmanure

Post by soulmanure » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:46 pm

Much appreciated, Vsyevolod! I'm a long-time guitarist now getting into synths, and I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's a blast. I think the clean sound has to do in part with the TC Electronics Arena reverb: it really seems to brighten up the sound, and make it louder. I think it's probably buffering the signal some. It's certainly more clear than the Boss RV3 I had before.

Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:33 pm

Good sounds and a clean, spacious mix. The character of the Mother shines through. Perhaps a bit too much going on with different sounds that don't sit easily together but I realise you're just experimenting with the Mother's capabilities. I liked it :D

soulmanure

Post by soulmanure » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:52 pm

Stevie Ray wrote:Good sounds and a clean, spacious mix. The character of the Mother shines through. Perhaps a bit too much going on with different sounds that don't sit easily together but I realise you're just experimenting with the Mother's capabilities. I liked it :D
Thanks, Stevie Ray! Definitely a lot going on and completely unhinged, though I kind of like that. Still, I'm looking forward to really trying to craft something more interesting. Right now, though, I thoroughly absorbed in the textures and depths of the sounds. Hopefully this stage will last for a good long time!