New Song added - Scenes of medieval torture!!!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
DavyP

New Song added - Scenes of medieval torture!!!

Post by DavyP » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:55 am

Rather than start a new thread and clutter things up I've edited this thread.

My Son and wife have just completed this song and video. Again an educational theme, set in medieval times, hence the medieval style instrumentation and simple 1,4,5 Chord Progression.

My son sings as the Bard, my wife is the fat princess and I'm the castle guards :)

https://youtu.be/j6EokJ1cqQ4

So after years of having a collection of half finished songs, as a family effort, my wife, son and I collaborated to produce 2 songs along with a video for each.

The idea was my wifes , she has created a non profit, educational youtube channel with short videos to help younger children learn topics such as Days of the week, Months of the year etc. The instrumentation involved in the process was varied, Teenage engineering Op1 for the initial ides, Analog keys and Sub 37 and Octatrack for demoing further and finally Ableton and the Push2 to finish things off.

None of us had any previous experience of Photoshop or Animation so the video as presented was based on knowledge gained on the job.

Probably not everyones cup of tea as its aimed at kids or those learning English, but I had to share it as it was a fun family effort and something finally completed.

https://youtu.be/jhXjx8-xSWU

https://youtu.be/6MbsF2zdPCo
Last edited by DavyP on Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

franklinstower

Re: Finally Completed a couple of Songs

Post by franklinstower » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:39 pm

Loved them both. Wish they had been around for when my daughter was learning this stuff. The music is great and the animation is also. I especially like the counting one.

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:14 pm

The vocal seems mixed a bit too low and with a tad too much reverb for it to be easily heard. If it's not too late, you might have a look at remixing it.

Stephen

DavyP

Post by DavyP » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:35 am

franklinstower wrote:Loved them both. Wish they had been around for when my daughter was learning this stuff. The music is great and the animation is also. I especially like the counting one.
Thanks for that. It's something kids seem really into now, they even give them iPads at some of our local schools and use Youtube for teaching subjects like Phonics.

@Stephen When it came to mixing unfortunately we do not have much experience so did the best we could. Part of the problem this time though was it was mixed in headphones as the monitor speakers I have were packed away due to work being carried out in the house. Its something I will watch out for in the future though and a good learning point. Thanks for the input.

DavyP

Re: New Song added - Scenes of medieval torture!!!

Post by DavyP » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:33 am

See edit to original post