MiniMoog restoration

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
jazzyanne

MiniMoog restoration

Post by jazzyanne » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:10 am

Hello, I'm a newby with a old minimoog out of mothball. Haven't started on it yet and wondered if there were any wise words for someone who wants to get it running and sold. It is missing a wood trim on top, some blemishes, and a missing knob center piece. Thanks for any help. :)

jsharpphoto

Re: MiniMoog restoration

Post by jsharpphoto » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:31 am

How much synth and electronics experience do you have? How valuable is your time?

You may have a higher profit margin selling it as-is, rather than trying to restore it, possibly damaging it in the process. It's kind of the same principle as classic cars. Do you want to take something that may be worth $1,000 and invest $6,000 into it and end up with something that's worth $5,000.

The only way I would spend the time and money to restor a model D is if it was going to be a labor of love, that was to be a family heirloom. If you just want to get it good enough to sell it, I would just sell it now.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

jazzyanne

Post by jazzyanne » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'm doing this for a friend. I have experience in musical electronics but you do raise a good point, labor of love. It would be fun to restore but at this point in my life, the road is behind me and my friend. I think he would be in agreement to sell it now. Have any ideas where to start in price? It works but needs tuning up. One thing I noticed, but have not spent any time yet to figure out, is, it is one note across the keyboard on all oscillators. Any ideas? Thanks again. :D

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Thu May 12, 2016 6:08 am

One of the little feathers underneed the keyboard probably sticks over the metal bar ?
The woodwork you need a carpenter specialized in furniture for
Ask people here for a photo and measurements of it before
Won't cost a lot but certainly will rise the price