UPS TAKING THEIR SWEET TIME WITH MY VOYAGER

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

UPS TAKING THEIR SWEET TIME WITH MY VOYAGER

Post by EricK » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:07 am

I ordered my voyager from Robbs Music in Boulder Colorado. Robbsmusic.com

Now they say that i got the last one in stock at the factory. I was hoping that it had the blue backit panel but i doubt that it will.

I ordered it on tuesday and it went out on friday the 10th. Now its scheduled for delivery on the 16th, but while Moog was extremely helpful in giving me a tracking number....i had to track it as it traveled from Asheville past Arkansas where i live to boulder colorado. Now ill get a second tracking number and i will have to watch it make a voyage halfway back across the country.

Has anyone else had to watch their damn keyboard zig zag around the country if the unit came directly from the factory?

WHy can't Moog just have sent it directly to me and i woudl be getting it today?

Also, is there anything that i need to be looking for when i open it like SHould it be factory sealed, should there be a piece of protectant plastic over the touchpad? Stuff like that.

Im just worried about my baby! Since i shelled out so much money for it I hate to know that it should have to spend extra time on the road handled by strangers in an unforgiving truck.

ARRRRGGG!
Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Micahel Victor

Post by Micahel Victor » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:02 am

Well it is a Moog Voyager
When it reaches its final destination you will forget about your angst
I assure you. ;)
"Oh that thing" "I had nothing to
do with that. "as said to me by
R.A.MOOG
When asked to sign my xeroxed moog source users manual.Then signed it.

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:13 pm

Take a deep breath. Think happy thoughts....

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:38 pm

hahaha THanks for the pat on the back!

I think it shoudl be here Tuesday or Wed. Im hoping for WED because im going to see NIN and Saul Williams on TUE and im going to in turn take off on WED.

You will see my post when i get it. THen ill try to take a picture of my keyboard station haha.

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:57 pm

I don't remember having covers over the screens, but the moving components were taped down with Moog brand tape so that is an indicator if it was factory sealed. I saved everything, including the tape when I opened mine.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:20 am

Moog Tape?
Manthats so much more killer than scotch tape. I woudl use Moog tape for everything if they sold it hahahaha. Interesting though about the tape.

zone_ahead

Post by zone_ahead » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:26 pm

maybe ups already delivered the voyager, but decided to hide the package in a place where you would never think to look. :lol:

well, at least based on my previous experience with them. my murf ended up behind some bushes in my front yard and my future retro revolution in a corner in my garage :roll:

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:44 pm

Im waiting for the rumble of the truck to pull in the driveway. The sad part is that Ill be at a concert all day long and when i get back late at night it will be here but ill only have time to set it up as i have to work tomorrow. Up @5am.

I think the guys at ups are playing it right now thinking "My Nord Lead kicks this things butt"