Video: Improv Trio. Heavily featuring Sub37

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
namahshaman

Video: Improv Trio. Heavily featuring Sub37

Post by namahshaman » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:48 pm

This is the beginning of a new project, Reifier, a 3-piece improvise band comprised of bass, drums, and keys (me with Sub37, Nord Electro, and mucho fx).

Our goal is to create something new every time, whether it's rehearsal, live show, video, or studio time.

This video is a short excerpt from a longer jam. The Sub37 plays the main lead throughout most of the video (with Minifooger Chorus and Delay + Earthquake Devices Levitation reverb), think I switch to the Nord a bit toward the last minute or so, but it's still going through a Minifooger Flange :D .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA4yw_-AYHw

Enjoy.

stiiiiiiive

Re: Video: Improv Trio. Heavily featuring Sub37

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Sounds nice!

What is the distorting FX entering at 1.02?

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:01 am

Thanks, stiiiiiiive.

That lovely distortion/overdrive is the gain channel of my Orange TH100 tube amp. I have about 1/3 of the Sub37's signal being sent to the tube amp (and over half of the Nord's signal)-it adds warmth/tone on the clean channel and balls-out gritty overdrive on the gain channel, the rest goes through a clean Motion Sound KP500 + SW250 stack.

Electric guitarists are pretty reluctant to admit just how much of their cool tone comes from the amp (and pedals), but this is a good example. The only guitar in the video is a bass-guitar. :D

Around the 4 minute mark, that's a Nord Electro 4D going through a Minifooger Flange before the Orange Amp...sounds lovely.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:21 pm

I too love using synths as guitarists use their guitars: with pedals and amps (sim).
Thanks for the Orange tip; one of my guitarists has one hehe.