Just bought a Model D on eBay...

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Spumoni

Re: Just bought a Model D on eBay...

Post by Spumoni » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:10 pm

I got the cover from here:

http://www.stardustcovers.com

A little pricey, and it's over seas, but it's definitely worth it.

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:20 am

Are those leather or imitation leather? What is the liner?

I'd be hesitant to use one since that looks like it would attract a bit of moisture.

I need a few of those. I had to break down and get the T3 dustcover because I don't know how long those will be around.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Spumoni

Post by Spumoni » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Eric - in the instructions, it refers to it as leather, but it feels more like imitation leather and the other side is a soft foam. The back seams have velcro so you can easily take it on and off. I can't imagine that moisture would be a concern, but I guess that depends on your climate. I guess you could throw in a few silica packs... right?

leohuppert

Post by leohuppert » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:35 am

IMG_2043.JPG
Spumoni wrote:Leo - Yes, I believe if I had gone with the opto-key kit originally it would have solved all of the problems. Looking forward to seeing how it works!

Attached are the photos of the new case - this thing is really built like a tank! Total price with shipping was $363, and it only took a couple of weeks. They are built to order with a choice of colors and stencil options. Hopefully some day I can introduce it to my Minimoog...

that's weird, it looks just like MINE:)

so the case got here the other day and it's about perfect. i asked the rep about the foam used inside before ordering and she reassured me that it was plenty heavy duty enough to protect the old girl in her travels. so now it's off to CA for some TLC. thanks for the advice. stay tuned..
GEAR
'74 Fender Rhodes Suitcase 88, '77 Minimoog Model D, '83 Moog Source, '85 Yamaha KX5 controller, '87 Yamaha G2 ac grand, Kurzweil PC-88, Roland SC-88 Sound Canvas. Plus 2 uprights and 5 electric basses. Need. More. Stuff.