896 voyager presets?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

896 voyager presets?

Post by EricK » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:48 pm

Hey guys,
Since my last visit, i got a MF Ring Modulator and I ordered a Voyager Performer with a Blue Backlit panel and the Blue Pitch and Mod WHeels.

I ordered it on Tuesday and they said that There was a huge Backlog at the Factory (3-7-06) and that it woudl be at least 2 weeks before they would be able to get one out of the factory. THen he called me back and said that they had 1 left in stock with my parameters.
Its been 3 days since then and i have no idea where my performer is.

Waiting in vain!

Anyway my question is that since all performers now come with the 896 user presets, can anyone out there point me to a list of them so Ill know which presets were designed by which artists and the names for them?

Im dying to play FLashlight and to use some Herbie Hancock presets hahaha.

THanks for anyones help,
Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

GregAE

Re: 896 voyager presets?

Post by GregAE » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:32 pm

[quote="EricK"] ...since all performers now come with the 896 user presets, can anyone out there point me to a list of them so Ill know which presets were designed by which artists and the names for them?
/quote]

The list is on SquareWave. It's a PDF chart of all six factory banks.

Look in Files/*Voyager Reference Pages*/Voyager OS 3 Sound Chart.zip

BTW - There are only 706 factory presets because the Signature Edition bank only contains 66 presets, not 128.

Hope this helps,

Greg

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:47 am

You know greg, everything im reading is pointing towards 896. THe product catalog, the woman from Moog music that contacted me hehehe.
I joined the site though....nice links.
Eric

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:44 am

EricK wrote:You know greg, everything im reading is pointing towards 896. THe product catalog, the woman from Moog music that contacted me hehehe.
I joined the site though....nice links.
Eric
There are 896 memory locations in an expanded Voyager - that's 128 in each of the seven banks.

But there are only six factory banks of presets, not seven, and the SE bank has only 66 presets. So five complete factory banks (128 each) plus one partial bank (66) equals 706 presets total. The remaining memory locations are just filled with the same initialized preset. You can use these locations to store your own patches, or fill them up with any of the hundreds of presets available on SquareWave.

Enjoy your new Voyager!

Greg

gd

Post by gd » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:13 pm

Greg's right, and those of us who have installed the new bd can most definately attest to this.
Mini D, P'08 ..

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:57 am

Hey it still sounds pretty sweet though. I was beginning to wonder to myself before i posted this thread that if it actually had 896 factory presets then exactly where woudl i store my own presets lol.

Im so tired of taking pictures of the panel of my Micro and tired of hastily scrawling sound charts lol.

Anyway excuse me if i seemed rude in questioning your answer.
Eric

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:14 am

No prob.

Be sure to check out the February Monthly Mashup patch on SquareWave, "NuChameleon". Download the file now and listen to the included MP3 audio clip. Then, when your Voyager arrives, you'll have 707 sounds to play with.

And while you're at the SquareWave site, check out the article on the MF-102, 'Lord of the Ring (Modulator)'. It's in the Voyager FYI folder.

Cheers!

- Greg