Mg-1 Replacement Parts?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Esemjayes

Mg-1 Replacement Parts?

Post by Esemjayes » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:21 pm

Hey guys new here. Love the site, lots of great info.

I know this has been discussed but has anyone come up with replacement sliders for the Mg-1?

Are there any generic sliders or sliders from another synth like the Rouge that would work in the Mg-1?

Would cleaning the sliders be sufficient in making them work properly again? Thanks for the help!

jsharpphoto

Re: Mg-1 Replacement Parts?

Post by jsharpphoto » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:59 pm

I wish I had better news for you. I think the once-healthy supply of MG1 parts has dried up. The only upside that I can think of, is that even in moderate condition, the concertmate can still pull a good resale value. Maybe sell it and buy a used sub phatty or little phatty?
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

Bryan B

Post by Bryan B » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:16 am

Try sending an e-mail to Doug at synthparts.com

I think that is where I got Slider caps for my (now sold) Moog Rogue a while back.
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

Esemjayes

Post by Esemjayes » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:46 pm

Sad but thanks for the info guys. It's a shame they dried up. And yup, am thinking about getting a lil phatty or slim phatty.

AndyQ

Post by AndyQ » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:40 pm

I ordered a kit of sliders and knobs from a place called "Technology Transplant" (Hong Kong?) a couple of years back. They then told me they couldn't fulfill the order and refunded my money, after I found my emails to them chasing up the order kept bouncing back. After doing some googling it seems I got out of this OK as it sounds like they were a pretty suspect operation. They now seem to have disappeared, but if you come across them in your search tread carefully.

snrubmit

Post by snrubmit » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:03 am

This is a few years late, but if you're still looking there's a couple options out there. I bought a set of switches and sliders from these guys and the quality is pretty good:

http://shop.lasynthco.com/

I went through the tedium of taking apart and cleaning all the gunk from the pots but the resistive strip was beginning to rub off, so I was happy to find a decent replacement. Another option is from Syntaur:

https://syntaur.com/moog_mg1.html

I think they only sell pots and switches individually, but they also supply other parts as well. Good luck with your search!

Jon B-1000

Post by Jon B-1000 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:39 am

In case it helps anyone, sets of sliders are available on eBay again.