Why is the Moog footpedal better than ones half the cost?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
alexfsu

Why is the Moog footpedal better than ones half the cost?

Post by alexfsu » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Honest question, I'm sure there's a good reason why the Moog is better. I used to own an M-Audio one for a keyboard I had and it seemed to be fine, what's the hype behind the Moog one?

Using a Sub 37 and FreqBox, seems like it'd be cool to have two, but $80 for a couple footpedals, I dunno...

aroom

Re: Why is the Moog footpedal better than ones half the cost

Post by aroom » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:47 am

I don't think that this foot pedal is better or worst than any other plastic pedal. buy it if you like it. it surely works fine and looks great. nothing more nothing less.

it's the same with moog's synths. buy them if you like them, the way they sound, the way they look.

there is no need to be rational in this world anymore... it's all vaporwave

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:27 am

aroom wrote:...there is no need to be rational in this world anymore... it's all vaporwave
Sorry to be picky (I'm a words guy), but vaporware is hardware or software with a sliding release date that's promised Quarter after Quarter, trade show after trade show, but that never actually materializes.

The Moog pedals are actually here;-)
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:17 pm

The only thing different in my newer (plastic) Moog pedal and the other brands is cost. (They are made in the same factory from the same molds and the only change is the sticker on the bottom.) I have 7 of those from various vendors. My earlier pedal (Still plastic) has a very handy passive attenuator built in and Moog molded into the rocker. The even earlier metal ones are physically nice, but after all this time, the pots are getting worn out and needing replacement.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."