Moog Prodigy Mk.II for sale (UK)

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
industrial_gypsy

Moog Prodigy Mk.II for sale (UK)

Post by industrial_gypsy » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:07 am

Hi,

Due to pending purchase of Voyager (hopefully!), I'm parting with my much loved Prodigy.

The synth is in perfect working order and looks lovely. It has one previous owner before me (Not Howard Jones for a change), and was then stored in the flightcase for 19 years. I've had the wood re-finished so it now looks more like a mk.1 than a mk.2 (personal preference). The previous owner had retrofitted a simple mod for a filter input and associated pushbutton next to the wheels but I removed the mod, to try and get the synth back to it's original state. Two little hole blanks are now in place of the mod.

Tuning on both oscillators is very stable and the sync. sounds awesome. Thunderous bass sounds are easily achievable.

Synth is in Northern England, is 240V, has no noisey pots or dodgey keys.

LOOKING FOR £400

A few pics here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/e310/portamento/Prodigy/

If you need any more close ups, I'll gladly oblige.

rogs

Post by rogs » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:06 pm

I would think you'll have no trouble getting that price -- one has just gone for more than £450 on eBay today -- with switchcaps missing!!

I now know why a colleague recently offered me £250 for my Prodigy -I had no idea they were fetching these prices. Needless to say, I didn't part with it.
Mine is a Mk 2 which I bought new in 1981 -- although I do prefer the wood finish on yours -- looks really nice!!

industrial_gypsy

Post by industrial_gypsy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:11 pm

Hi,

Cheers for the nice reply. It's tentatively sold to a guy in Poland, just waiting for the funds to arrive. I'll then have the nail biting experience of tracking it there, can't wait!

It's such a cute synth, I thought long and hard before selling it, but with a Voyager in the pipeline, I honestly can't see it getting much use (may be wrong?)

peak

Post by peak » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:36 am

when I bought my voyager RME, I was thinking about selling my Prodigy as well.

after the RME arrived and I played it for a while, I decided that the prodigy had a different sound. I decided to keep the Prodigy.

had to sell some other stuff instead.....

industrial_gypsy

Post by industrial_gypsy » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:47 am

Oh bugger! Like I said, money is on it's way down the wire so deal's done really. It was a hard decision as it's in such good shape and I like the simplicity of it, just seems to have the right amount of knobs for 90% of mono synth sounds that I need. Anyway fingers crossed it gets there OK

peak

Post by peak » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:21 pm

no doubt you will have more fun with the voyager!

industrial_gypsy

Post by industrial_gypsy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:02 am

Definately sold, cheers for the replies