1130 Percussion Controller Restored

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

1130 Percussion Controller Restored

Post by EricK » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:55 pm

Around Aug 27th 2005 I purchased this 1130 on ebay. The paint was badly flaking off and it sat in a box largely untouched. On August 27th of this year it was fully restored.
Here are the before and after shots.

Special thanks to August Worley for his work. As you can see he managed to save the badge and panel overlays.

Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

noddyspuncture

Re: 1130 Percussion Controller Restored

Post by noddyspuncture » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:16 pm

Looks great that Eric... what did he paint it with...?

My one looks pretty good cosmetically considering it was kind of scrap and in bits when I got it.
I only restored it electrically... :D

Here's a video I made with it and my Sonic tonight... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Izwvhu--0

Cheers,
Tom

eric coleridge

Post by eric coleridge » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:20 pm

You think one of you guys could scan the bottom trace-side of the 1130 PCB? Kind of a hassle I guess... but if you happen to be disassembling one...

I've been wanting to get a hold of one for use w my Mini, but I hardly ever see them anymore and they've become so unreasonably expensive. Was thinking that they'd be pretty easy to recreate though-- if I could reproduce the PCB :idea: . Otherwise, just have to find a little 8" Pearl Tom, the speaker-transducer, and cinch cables; pretty simple-- you might even say, it's a cinch :? . The component side is in the manual:
Attachments
Moog_perc_controller_1130_p1.JPG

noddyspuncture

Post by noddyspuncture » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:00 am

eric coleridge wrote:You think one of you guys could scan the bottom trace-side of the 1130 PCB? Kind of a hassle I guess... but if you happen to be disassembling one...

I've been wanting to get a hold of one for use w my Mini, but I hardly ever see them anymore and they've become so unreasonably expensive. Was thinking that they'd be pretty easy to recreate though-- if I could reproduce the PCB :idea: . Otherwise, just have to find a little 8" Pearl Tom, the speaker-transducer, and cinch cables; pretty simple-- you might even say, it's a cinch :? . The component side is in the manual:
If you have the "Accessories Service Manual" Eric, you'll also find the 1130 schematic in there.
Just draw it out and build it on Vero-board.... that's what I usually do.... :D

Cheers
Tom