moog source key problem?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
puggle

moog source key problem?

Post by puggle » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:59 pm

love my moog source, but it's got a slight problem. sometimes when I play there's what seems to be a problem with the keys, like it's momentarily for a split second jittering between notes. it doesn't happen all the time, and seems to happen on some keys more than others. but it's really annoying when you're trying to record a track, and half the time if play you in a certain way, you'll get what sounds like a very quick mistake while you're playing, even though you hit all the notes right. when I've opened the machine up to fix other things, it also seems like it slightly changes where it tends to show up on the keyboard.

any ideas on what could be wrong here? it doesn't seem like physical key contacts are scratchy or anything like that, I know what that's like, it's more like something that scans the keybed seems slightly off on a few keys. could something be out of alignment, or a chip going bad? just curious if this could be fixed easily, otherwise gotta take it to a tech, which requires cash. I acquired this moog recently, and it came with this issue, any help appreciated. thanks!