I have a bunch of system 3c schematics. Are they common?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
wagard

I have a bunch of system 3c schematics. Are they common?

Post by wagard » Fri May 15, 2015 12:23 pm

Back story: found a guy with a storage unit of amazing synths including a 3c restoring it all with the help of some wonderful synth techs. Tons of work.
New: Digging through the boxes of things I found maybe 30 manila folders with schematics for various parts of the 3c. Are these available publicly? How useful are they? I'm coming from a world of ITB music and this is like a skydive into the analog world. I'm loving it but I feel like I could learn 15 new things every day for a life time and not be caught up.

EricK

Re: I have a bunch of system 3c schematics. Are they common?

Post by EricK » Fri May 15, 2015 12:47 pm

Scan them and share please! Some people here will be able to answer whether or not yours represent older or unrevised versions of various pcbs. They may also be able to point out if there are any errors or missing information.

Sounds like you found the end of the rainbow.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MC

Post by MC » Fri May 15, 2015 12:57 pm

EricK wrote:Sounds like you found the end of the rainbow.
More like Aladdin's cave :shock:
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

wagard

Post by wagard » Fri May 15, 2015 1:42 pm

There is a schematic for the Bode frequency shifter in there (as there is on in the unit!!!!) my father lucky enough does archival work for documents. So he has them, is scanning them and putting them in archival sleeves.

MC

Post by MC » Fri May 15, 2015 4:35 pm

wagard wrote:There is a schematic for the Bode frequency shifter in there (as there is on in the unit!!!!) my father lucky enough does archival work for documents. So he has them, is scanning them and putting them in archival sleeves.
AWESOME!!!
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

synthguy

Post by synthguy » Sat May 16, 2015 2:33 pm

INDEED!
Looking forward to seeing what you've discovered.
Congrats! :D
Visit my synthblog...Moogs and more!
Www.synthguy.com

MC

Post by MC » Sat May 16, 2015 11:36 pm

I may need them. May have an RA Moog modular headed toward me for repair.