Minimoog D Keyboard Priority Switching mod?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
willstring

Minimoog D Keyboard Priority Switching mod?

Post by willstring » Wed May 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi all! I'm new to the forum so this is my first post. I just recently acquired a Minimoog D in LA in quite good condition and everything works fine on it.

I've noticed that the keyboard note priority is set at low note. Is there a mod that changes it to simply last note priority? Maybe by modding the circuitry in the buss-bar assembly found under the keys? Just wondering if anyone has tried this, or if there are schematics for this type of mod somewhere on the web? I looked and couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance!

thealien666

Re: Minimoog D Keyboard Priority Switching mod?

Post by thealien666 » Thu May 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi and welcome.

I don't think it's easily feasible. But I might be wrong.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

MC

Post by MC » Fri May 08, 2015 3:31 pm

Not easily done. You'd need the digital scanning system like that used on the Oberhem SEM polysynths.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Electrong

Post by Electrong » Sun May 10, 2015 10:25 am

The low note priority is a case of the keyboard sending control voltage to the oscillators. When a lower note is pressed, the resistor on the lower note activates and lowers the voltage. With the setup as it is it would be impossible to have anything other than low-note priority, as this is a hard-wired situation that is essential to the keyboard working at all.
Minimoog Model D, Roland SH-1, Simmons SDS-8, Rhodes 73 suitcase, Ludwig/Gretsch Drums, Zildjian/Paiste/UFIP cymbals, Various acoustic percussive effects