moogs on tour

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Sihaz

Re: moogs on tour

Post by Sihaz » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:41 pm

dr_floyd wrote:Wireless MIDI to Sub37 is a sweet solution. I hope we can hear it in action.
https://soundcloud.com/sihaz/moog-sub37 ... i-ewi-5000

there you go dr floyd - still learning how to get the best out of these two but it's working well i think...

dr_floyd

Re: moogs on tour

Post by dr_floyd » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:14 am

That is fantastic. Thanks for posting the samples. That is a huge amount of articulation and detail. Great feel and personality too. The voicings are really nice. Really enjoying how you play with the ring mod and keep it melodic and musical.

The original Lyricon does not have CV outputs and is not friendly to adding any, so to Moog that I use the Roland SPV355 pitch-to-voltage and blend the Lyricon voice with the Moog. Sometimes even a bit of the Roland. Never live with all that stuff though.

The Lyricon Driver and Lyricon 2 both have CV outputs and gate/trigger, so they work really well with CV synthesizers. I've also been playing around with the Hot Hands wireless controller attached to the Lyricon to have motion changes affect some moogerfooger CV parameters. The CV Lyricon works very well with Mooger Freqbox and Filter as a little modular. But not as flexible as the Sub37. Hope to get one some day.