THM wrote:endocrine wrote:Are there any others? Are they free?
There's also one FREEware and pretty good Minimoog VST clone - entitled "MiniMogue".
For those unfamiliar with the Minimoog, it should pointed out that this freeware VA synth only slightly resembles the original. On the original Mini:
- Osciilator 1 has no frequency control
- The oscillators have six waveform selections, including a 'sharktooth wave (not found here), but no sine or saw (down ramp). Clockwise, the order of the waveforms are tri, sharktooth, saw, square, pulse, and thin pulse.
- The oscillator ranges are LO, 32, 16, 8, 4 & 2. There is no 1' setting.
- There is no overdrive control.
- There is no FT control (no idea what this is)
- There is no dedicated LFO (the Mini used Osc 3 for this)
- There are no velocity controls
- The filter and loudness contours are ADS only (the decay knob doubles as a release control when Decay switch is ON)
- There's no chorus or delay
- There's no arpeggiator
That said, the MiniMogue VA looks pretty capable (especially for free!). For me, though, I prefer hardware. I'll take a real knob over a virtual one any day!