SN 1014 moog modular. Found in storage.

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
wagard

SN 1014 moog modular. Found in storage.

Post by wagard » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:47 am

In a stroke of the stuff music myth is created out of the UW moog modular mentioned in this post (sn 1014) has come to light in my life. After spending the better part of a decade in a storage unit, the owner that bought it from the university in the late 90s has decided it should be brought to the public. I am now working with him to get it back to working order, and singing her sweet song once again.
I am in search of any and all information about this piece of history. Please help.

Revtor

Re: SN 1014 moog modular. Found in storage.

Post by Revtor » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:51 am

Not much to add here, except that its a great thing to have found such an early Mini and am glad to hear that it will be brought back to playable. It would be awesome if the school got it and set it up in their music dept. as a resource for the students.

I know I've seen a hand written list of all the early Minis and who they went to. This could confirm a bit of the machines history.

Repair and technical info is readily available. Get it to an experienced tech.

~Steve

Revtor

Post by Revtor » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:51 am

!!!!!! Whoops, thats no Mini! Early minis had a similar serial numbering schemes... my bad. Same feelings though, get that baby up and running!

Here's the original info from MoogArchives:
910 s/n 901 901A 901B 904A 904B 902 911 Sold To ------- Date
1014 ---1-- -1-- -3-- -1-- -1-- -3-- -2-- Univ Wisconsin 06.14.67

good luck w/it!

~Steve

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:25 am

Uh, Revtor, you are aware that you can always edit a message to correct some things in any of your previous posts ? Also, you can even delete one, as long as nobody has replied to it yet. After which you can only edit it.

:wink:
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

fyvewytches

Post by fyvewytches » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:07 pm

thealien666 wrote:Uh, Revtor, you are aware that you can always edit a message to correct some things in any of your previous posts ?
Or even read the subject :wink: :wink:
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:23 pm

Yeah, that too ! :mrgreen:
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Revtor

Post by Revtor » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:13 am

Thanks for the tips guys I'll try my best to read from now on. (You sure that thread title didn't change overnight? ;) The serial # threw me off.

~Steve

A related note, I took a few music classes at a local college years ago and was snooping around in the new arts building's music storage room that happened to be open (of course looking for synths) Well, what do I find!?!? A System 15. No joke, stacked amongst other flight case orchestral boredom a black tolex cabinet with latches.. pop, pop, W T F! holy bleep -Vintage Moog! Pretty awesome to find, I asked my prof if we could hook it up, I had a 15 or so module MOTM at the time and would have loved to bring them together. But alas it was not going to happen for reasons I forget. The room was never open again in my semesters at the school and the prof never got a hold of "the guy who really knows about that thing". It may still be sitting in that closet who knows. The studio did have a 2600 though, set up and open for business. I was the only one to incorporate it into a piece that semester. Moral of the story -They're out there!

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:34 am

That sucks.
There is a teacher on campus who has a 2600 in there with a bunch of other gear and he refuses to meet with me for some reason. And it really sucks because in this area that stuff is so rare and just getting to SEE one would be a blessing for me. And I haven't met anyone else in my town interested in analog synths, though I have seen a Moog sticker on a bumper or two.

I'm thinking I'm just going to get some portable cabinets built and set up in the park and see if I can meet some folks that way.

So your pain is felt.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MikeBorish

Post by MikeBorish » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:25 am

I can help. I have been restoring Moog products for well over a decade. I know these early Moog modular systems quite well and recently worked with a local university to restore a large system with a very close serial number. Feel free to get in touch with me at borishelectronics.com I'm located in Chicago if it helps.

-Mike Borish
Attachments
moogmodular.png
moogmodular.png (152.12 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
-Mike Borish

http://www.borishelectronics.com
Chicago, IL USA